Titled Trains 4mm 1/76
Offering excellent quality at a very affordable price.
For larger view of packs - click on images
TT4-DAYCON A6 pack £3.75
Originally known as the ‘Flushing Continental’ before the Second World War, the train was re-introduced with its new name by the LNER in the summer of 1947. It connected London Liverpool Street with Parkeston Quay Harwich for boat services to the continent. The title was only withdrawn in May 1987, however it carried little in the way of identification after the late 1960s.
TT4-DBEL A6 pack £3.75
Introduced by British Railways in 1947 as a luxury Pullman Car express operating between London Waterloo and Ilfracombe (and Plymouth until 1949), the service only ran until 1954. This pack is suitable for detailing trains running from 1949 onwards. The rectangular board introduced in 1953 was fixed to the lower half of the smoke box door whereas the earlier versions had been placed centrally on the front buffer beam. The Pullman Car Company provided special tailboards featuring the company’s crest.
Devon Belle Wingplates
TT4-DBEL W A6 pack £2.99
In the early 1950s, huge ‘wings’ were attached to the side of the air-smoothed casings of the Bulleid Pacifics in addition to the headboards. These wingplates were not always attached to the train and it was sometimes determined by the duty of particular locomotives. Pack includes 3 pairs of wings and 4 headboards.
TT4-DEVON A5 pack £4.95
Introduced originally in 1927, this inter-regional service resumed after the Second World War in May 1949. From 1949 until 1952 the service only ran on the summer timetable but became daily (except Sundays) in 1953. This pack is suitable for detailing the train from the early 1950s until the late 1960s. The titled was finally withdrawn in May 1975.
The East Anglian
TT4-EAST ANG A5 pack £4.95
The title was reintroduced by the LNER in October 1946 and ran between Liverpool Street (London) and Norwich. British Railways introduced the small Type 2 headboard “East Anglian” in 1949 and these were replaced two years later by the larger ones including those with shields of London and Norwich. The train had special yellow tail doors. The shorter carriage boards were used with LNER Gresley or Thompson designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock. The title was withdrawn in June 1962.
TT4-EASTERLING A6 pack £3.75
Introduced by British Railways in 1950, this titled train connected the Capital with Lowestoft and Yarmouth (The arms of which were depicted on the later headboards). It is not sure how the train received its title except to say that this summer only Liverpool Street service connected with the most easterly town (Lowestoft). The train was divided into two portions at Beccles and was reunited on the return trips. It was relatively short lived and ceased to run in September 1958.
TT4-ELIZ A5 pack £4.95
Introduced in Coronation year 1953, the titled train ran until September 1963. It ran non-stop from London (Kings Cross) to Edinburgh (Waverley). Often headed by A4 locomotives, the headboard was carried on the lower central lamp iron (refer to prototype pictures). Deltic type diesels that later conveyed the train carried the headboard on the upper bonnet. This set comprises of two sizes of carriage boards. The shorter ones were used with LNER Gresley or Thopmson designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock
Emerald Isle Express
TT4-EIE A6 pack £3.75
The title for this train was introduced in the autumn of 1954 to operate in conjunction with sailing to Dun Laoghaire and Dublin. The name was given to the 5.35 p.m. Euston train and the 7.30 a.m. return working from Holyhead. The title was last used in 1975.
Essex Coast Express
TT4-ESSEX A6 pack £3.75
Introduced in 1958, the service ran between Liverpool Street (London) and Clacton. The original headboard was the blue circular steel board attached to the smoke box door of locomotives. This was joined quickly by the more convention headboard in the same year of inauguration. The Clacton line was electrified in 1963 and although the title remained on the timetable until 1968, headboards were not used after this date. The shorter carriage boards were used with LNER Gresley or Thompson designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock.
The Fair Maid
TT4-FM A6 pack £3.75
One of the shortest lived titled trains, The Fair Maid began its life in September 1957 when it was created out of what had been the morning Talisman when the service was extended to run to Perth. The title was derived from one of Sir Walter Scott’s novels. The train was not a success and the extended service and title was withdrawn the following September in 1958.
TT4-FENMAN A6 pack £3.75
Introduced by British Railways in May 1949, the service originally ran between London Liverpool Street and the Norfolk resort of Hunstanton after reversal at King’s Lynn. In May 1961, the train was cut back to King’s Lynn and a connecting DMU service conveyed any passengers wishing to travel to Hunstanton. The original headboard was the smaller type 2 one and this was replaced by the larger ones in 1951. The shorter carriage boards were used with LNER Gresley and Thompson designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock.
Fife Coast Express
TT4-FIFE A6 pack £3.75
The title was first used by the North British Railway in 1912 and then used by the LNER except for the war years. The express title was re-introduced under British Railways in 1949. From 1952 until its withdrawal in 1959, the service operated only for the summer timetable. This set comprises of two sizes of carriage boards. The shorter ones were used with LNER Gresley or Thompson designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock.
The Flying Scotsman
TT4-FSCOT A5 pack £4.95
Perhaps the most well known express passenger train. The service began with the London North Eastern Railway in 1927 and ran from Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley. This set comprises of two sizes of carriage boards. The shorter ones were used with LNER Gresley designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock. A wide variety of headboards are represented including the Deltic type headboards / thistle.
Named Freight Trains
TT4-FREIGHT A6 pack £3.25
A selection of headboards for the named freight trains that were introduced by British Railways in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Pack includes several headboards for The Condor, The Lea Valley Enterprise, The King’s Cross Freighter and The Tees-Tyne Freighter.
The Golden Arrow
TT4-GOLD A5 pack £4.95
Probably the most iconic of all titled trains, The Golden Arrow was re-introduced by British Railways after the war in April 1946. In 1951 a new set of Pullmans was built for the train, as part of British Railways' celebration of the Festival of Britain. In 1961, with the Kent Coast electrification scheme, the train became electric-hauled. The last ‘Golden Arrow’ run in September 1972. The set includes all headboard types, Pullman side name boards and self adhesive flags
The Granite City
TT4-CHELT A6 pack £3.75
Originally introduced before the Second World War, the title was only re-introduced in 1949 four years after hostilities had ceased. Running between Glasgow and Aberdeen, the train only carried its headboard during the 1950s. However, it also carried a special Scottish Region Coronation headboard during the early summer of 1953. The title was finally withdrawn in 1968.
Heart of Midlothian
TT4-MIDLOTH A6 pack £3.75
Titled for the Festival of Britain in 1951, the service operated between London Kings Cross and Edinburgh Waverley. For one year only in 1957, the service was extended to Perth (the pack does not cover this period). The white headboard was introduced in 1962 and was designed to be carried by diesel traction. The title ceased running in 1968.
TT4-HOOK A6 pack £3.75
This service originally operated by the LNER ran between London Liverpool Street and Parkeston Quay Harwich for boat services to Holland, was re-introduced in November 1945. As late as 1985, the train received a new design of headboard (not included in the pack) and was finally withdrawn as a titled train in 1987.