Titled Trains 4mm 1/76
Offering excellent quality at a very affordable price.
For larger view of packs - click on images
SLS Rail Tours
TT4-SLS A6 pack £3.75
During the 1950s and 60s, the Stephenson Locomotive Society organised many special trains and tours. These often visited lines that had just closed to passenger traffic or were due to close. This set will allow you with modellers’ license to recreate such a tour on your own railway. Includes scale eleven and eight feet carriage boards.
The Saint Mungo
TT4-ST MUN A6 pack £3.75
The train’s title was given to commemorate the patron saint of Glasgow and was originally introduced by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway in 1937, this titled service ceased at the start of the Second World War. Running between Glasgow and Aberdeen the service was re-introduced by British Railways in 1949 leaving Aberdeen at 9.35 a.m. and Glasgow at 5.00 p.m. From June 1962, the title was used on the 5.30 p.m. Glasgow to Aberdeen service and departed Aberdeen at 9.30 a.m. The title was finally dropped in May 1968.
TT4-SCAND A6 pack £3.75
This service originally operated by the LNER ran between London Liverpool Street and Parkeston Quay Harwich for boat services to the continent, was re-introduced in December1945. The shorter carriage boards were used with LNER Gresley and Thompson designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock. The service was finally withdrawn as a titled train in 1975, however the headboards and carriage boards had not been used since the late 1960s.
The Scarborough Flyer
TT4-SCARB A6 pack £3.75
This service originally operated by the LNER ran between London Kings Cross and Scarborough was re-introduced in June 1950. It ran non-stop between London and York. The Whitby portion was detached at York and the rest of the train continued to Scarborough. The plain white elliptical top designed headboard was the first to be used by LNER and this was later superseded by the British Railways’ cast headboards both plain and the ones with the ’sunbursts’ in each corner.The train last ran as a titled train in September 1963
South Wales Pullman
TT4-SWPULL A6 pack £3.75
Introduced by British Railways in June 1955, this express ran between London Paddington and Swansea. Most of the Pullman cars used its formation had seen previous service on the Devon Belle, which had ceased running the previous year. The train carried large Western sized (ex GWR) boards. The South Wales Pullman only ever had one headboard with a black background. The train had quite a short history being withdrawn in September 1961 when a Blue Pullman service took over its route.
The South Yorkshireman
TT4-SOUTHY A6 pack £3.75
The service began in May 1948 and ran between London Marylebone and Bradford via Huddersfield and Halifax. This set comprises of two sizes of carriage boards. The shorter ones were used with LNER Gresley designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock. The service ceased to run in January 1960.
TT4-STATES A6 pack £3.75
Introduced by British Railways in 1952 as a luxury Pullman Car express operating between London Waterloo and Southampton Docks to connect with transatlantic sailings of the United States Liner. The first type of headboard was the round steel painted board with the large American eagle. This was joined by the rectangular Type 8 Board in the summer of 1953. The last sailing of the United States was in 1969.
Surbiton-Okehampton Car Carrier
TT4-SURB A6 pack £3.50
The beginning of the 1960s saw a huge rise in motor traffic in the West Country. Many of the roads were simply not adequate to cope with summertime holiday traffic and therefore British Railways determined to try and grow business. The answer came in the Saturday car carrier service operation from Surbiton to Okehampton that was inaugurated in June 1960. It is believed that the coaches and GUVs carried destination boards covered in paper labels and we have replicated the two colour schemes that we know were used during its short life.
TT4-TALIS A6 pack £3.75
The title was introduced as a new service in 1956 running between Kings Cross (London) and Edinburgh (Waverley). Upon dieselisation of the service in 1962, new headboards (white background) were introduced. The Talisman ceased running as a titled train in May 1968
TT4-TTP A6 pack £3.75
Introduced in 1949 as a luxury Pullman Car express operating between Kings Cross and Newcastle, the service was finally suspended in 1976. This pack is suitable for detailing trains running from 1949 until the late 1960s. The Pullman Car Company provided special tailboards featuring the company’s crest.
TT4-TCE A6 pack £3.75
Originally run by the LMSR from 1927 until the outbreak of war, the title was re-introduced by British Railways in 1949. Running between St Pancras (London) and Glasgow (St Enoch), this was transferred to Glasgow Central after St Enoch’s closure. This titled express was one of the four London Midland Region expresses to carry a Coronation crown and cipher headboard during 1953.
TT4-THANBE A6 pack £3.75
This summer only Pullman service operating between London Victoria and Ramsgate had a very short life. Introduced in May 1948 was withdrawn in September 1950 and replaced by The Kentish Belle. The Pullman Car Company provided special tailboards featuring the company’s crest.
TT4-TORBAY A5 pack £4.95
Introduced by the Great Western Railway in 1923 this train ran from Paddington to Kingswear. The Train ceased running for the duration of the Second World War and was introduced in May 1946. The black headboard was introduced in 1951. The cast headboard with shield together with cream name and destination boards were introduced in the summer of 1956 for cream and chocolate Mark 1 carriage stock. From 1965 until 1968 (when the title was withdrawn), the titled service only operated for the summer timetable.
TT4-TYNESIDE A6 pack £3.75
Introduced by British Railways in 1950, this sleeping car service ran between Kings Cross and Newcastle. The shorter carriage boards were used with LNER Gresley designed stock and the later eleven feet ones are for use with British Railway’s Mark 1 coaching stock. The larger white headboard was used with some diesels from 1962. The service ceased to run as a titled train in May 1968
The Ulster Express
TT4-ULSTER A6 pack £3.75
Running between London Euston and Heysham, this titled train was originally introduced by the London Midland and Scottish Railway in the late 1920s. The service was suspended at the beginning of the Second World War and was re-introduced by British Railways in 1949. It last ran as a titled train in the 1970s. The train only had one red headboard which it is believed was introduced for the Festival of Britain in 1951. This titled express was one of the four London Midland Region expresses to carry a Coronation crown and cipher headboard during 1953.
TT4-UNION A6 pack £3.75
The Union-Castle sailed to South Africa on a regular weekly basis. This train was introduced by British Railways in 1953 to meeting with sailings at Southampton Docks. The Headboards provided in this pack are the ones that are known to be used with the service. The last sailing was in 1977, however headboards and coach boards were not in use at this time.
Welsh Holiday Specials
TT4-WHS A5 pack £4.95
During the 1950s through until the early 1960s British Railways introduced these special named trains aimed at promoting tourist traffic in North Wales. The majority were run by the London Midland Region of British Railways with some run by the Western Region.